The Universidad Católica San Antonio, also known as the Universidad Católica de Murcia, is a private university located in Murcia in south-eastern Spain.
Canonically erected in 1996 in accordance with article 3.3. of the Apostolic Constitution Ex Corde Ecclesiae of Pope John Paul II of August 15, 1990.
Fundamental pillars: Mission and vision, Objectives of the Institution, Personality of the UCAM.
Mission and vision
Training of students with theoretical and practical knowledge inherent to their degree, which enhances their abilities and attitudes as individuals and members of a society they must serve, guaranteeing the Christian presence in the university world, society and culture.
- The generation of knowledge through research, conservation and communication of sciences, techniques, arts and culture, in such a way that they contribute to the integral development of man, to the assistance of his needs, to the technological development of society and, above all, everything, that configure a conception of the human being and of the world open to transcendence.
- Contribute to the evangelizing action of the Catholic Church by promoting the pastoral care of the members of the university community in close communion with the Private Church and the Church’s Teaching Authority in matters of Faith and Morals and, especially, with the Bishop of the Diocese of the Region in which it carries out its activity.
UCAM is a Catholic University in which superior teaching is taught, researchers are trained, and professionals are prepared through the generation and transmission of science, technology, and culture, according to rational truth and in the light of the faith of the Catholic Church. ; at the service of the integral development of the person, the family and society, according to the principles of the Gospel and through:
- A diversified academic offer, in continuous adaptation and consistent with the real needs of society, culture and the Catholic Church.
- Teaching methodology applied to small groups; continuous assessment; development of personal autonomy and the spirit of service; development of teamwork; stimulation of personal and collective creativity; and in permanent contact with professional environments through internships.
- Personalized teaching with a high level of dedication from teachers to students and with a specific body of tutors trained for the academic, psycho-pedagogical and personal guidance of students.
- A university community made up of students, professors, administration and service personnel, and government bodies on the principles of cooperation and mutual aid at the service of knowledge.
- International, national and regional orientation with special attention to Spanish-speaking countries.
- Quality management system applied to teaching, research and services in order to guarantee excellence in professional functions and in human relations among all members of the university community. Continuous training programs for teachers and service personnel.