The Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England, and a member institution of the federal University of London. Queen Mary has five campuses across East and Central London in Mile End, Whitechapel, Charterhouse Square, Lincoln’s Inn Fields and West Smithfield, as well as an international presence in China, France, Greece and Malta. The Mile End campus is the largest self-contained campus of any London-based Russell Group university. In 2018/19 the university had around 26,000 students Queen Mary is organised into three faculties – the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Science and Engineering, and Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry. Queen Mary is a major centre for medical teaching and research and is part of UCLPartners , the world’s largest academic health science centre.
- MILE END: The Mile End campus is home to many of Queen Mary’s academic schools across our Humanities and Social Sciences, and Science and Engineering faculties.A thriving campus-based community where students live, study and relax, it also accommodates our Halls of Residence and central administration services.
- WHITECHAPEL: The Whitechapel campus is the main home for our Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, and includes the Blizard Institute, the Institute for Health Sciences Education, the Whitechapel Medical Library, the Institute of Dentistry and The Royal London Hospital.
- CHARTERHOUSE SQUARE: Situated in the heart of the City of London, Charterhouse Square is home to the medical research headquarters for a number of our specialist institutes. These include Barts Cancer Institute, the William Harvey Research Institute, the Wolfson Institute of Population Health, the John Vane Science Centre, the Joseph Rotblat Building and the Heart Centre. The campus also includes a hall of residence for our medical students, a lecture theatre, seminar rooms, a café and a gym.
- Lincoln’s Inn Fields: The Postgraduate Law Centre at Lincoln’s Inn Fields is home to the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), LLM teaching and postgraduate research. This area is the historic legal centre of London, near to the Royal Courts of Justice. It’s also close to Covent Garden and the West End of London.
- West Smithfield : West Smithfield campus is for medicine and dentistry students and includes St Bartholomew’s hospital (Barts) and the West Smithfield Medical Library. It is home to postgraduate and research students as well as our cardiovascular, cancer, epidemiology and public health research facilities.